Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Raid Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diapsalma
GM
Captain

re: Ruby Sanctum

I woke up early this morning happily unaware that wow-servers was down for 5 more hours... What to do then? Well I read every possible site for clues to tacs for Ruby Sanctum that is released today. This is the best I found. First there is tacs for 2 first bosses and if u scroll down a bit there is tacs for 3´rd boss (main boss)
http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-dungeons/tactics-for-first-2-bosses-in-rs/[url]
Note that this isnt a full tacs-guide since its only been on PTR-testing yet but better than nothing. A bit further down is a link to a really good video showing a successful 25-man encounter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_S277XtDvY
What I found striking about the video is how many that dies early into the fight from standing in fire wink
Another thing is that dps dont stand in the circles, as I understood from the tacs-text it was supposed to be a buff...
Also, compared to the link Momo linked a few days ago, this group handles the shadow-phase a bit different. Tank isnt turning dragon around when the "beam" is up, instead entire raid is circling to avoid it.
Fire-aura for the physical part and shadow-aura for shadow part seems essential indeed Happy
Found a link to a video showing first 2 bosses as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIw6IeCLWA
The guy who made this video has too many addons
Guys, hope u all turn up tonight with your swordsedges sharpened so that we can be one of the first guilds on server to down this bosses! That would be great indeed twisted [/url]

Diapsalma
GM
Captain

re: Ruby Sanctum

Here is a summary of the instance for those interested. Note:Ive copied the text so dont blame me if it makes u wipe tongue out

Ruby Sanctum Breakdown and Strat
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 04:21:53 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all so i did a break down for my guild on Ruby Sanctum from what I learned from the PTR open last night. So I figured ill post it here to help out people. So i hope this helps some of ya when 3.3.5 is released.

I have done the PTR Ruby Sanctum and this is what i have gooten from it so far.
(Note: Things are subject to change these are just a breakdown from what I saw tanking it last night on the PTR.)

There are 4 different types of mobs in the trash Invokers, Assaulters, Commanders, and guards. The first 2 that you run in to are the Invokers and Assaulters. Invokers have to have a kick or interupt on them of they do a fire nova that will knock back everyone about 20 yds. Reccommened to kill these first.

Assaulters have to be tank facing away from the raid because they do a cleave as well as a shockwave that stuns for 3 seconds.

Commanders have to be cc'd on the pull and the invoker and assaulters pulled away from him. He does an shout buff that will stack up to 175% bonus damage to all trash mods near him, and he does it right after you pull the group. So it reccommended to Hibernate them to pull the group as well and throwing the Freeze trap when Hinernate is about to end so another can be supplied.

The Guards dont do much but they do hit the tanks hard.

Now there are 3 mini bosses which have to be killed before helion will even spawn. They are Saviana Ragefire, Baltharus the Warborn, and General Zarithrian. Both Saviana and Baltharus must be killed to unlock the Generals location which he is surrounded by a wall of fire.

Saviana Ragefire is the easiest of all the mini bosses.(She has 13mil hp on 25m 4mil on 10m.) The tank will pick her up and face her towards the water. She as 3 mechanics one is the Flame Breath second is the fire nova and last is when she flies up and picks 5 people and conlagrates them. Dps will stay behind her at all times stacked for heals because her firsat fire nova will continue to happen till she flies up in the air after that first one the fire nova will only hit once a time. When she flies up everyone needs to stay 10 yrds apart and do not stand close to the people she marks to conflagrated because it will spread like herpies (off tank has to be perpared to taunt at this point just in case the tank gets hit by the conflagration).

Next mini boss is Baltharus the Warborn who is on the oppisite side on the instance from Ragefire. (11mil on 25 3m on 10m.) This one may need 3 tanks depends on the group. He is tanks facing away from the raid due to the frontal cleave. During the fight he will summon a Double that the off tank will pick up and tank away from the the raid because the doulbe doesnt just cleave he all so whrilwinds which will take out the melee fast. The biggest thing in this fight is to make sure that all focus is on the orginal guy the double dissappear after he is dead. Depending how long the fight goes he can spawn up to 2 doubles.

After both Baltharus and Ragefire are down the flame wall blocking passage to General is gone at this point you will need 3 tanks for this fight. As well as a shaman in the same grp as the tank for temor totem.(13mil on 25m 5mil on 10m.) The tank will tank him where he stands and facing away from the raid because of cleaves. The 2 off tanks will be posted at the 2 side entrances for the 2 adds that spawn on both sides. The ranged dps will focus on the adds as the melee will be working on the boss. The adds have to spells Fire Nova and Lava Spot. Fire Nova is an aoe and can be interupted and lava spot doesnt hurt the off tank very much. The General does do an fear that will affect the whole raid but as long as there is a temor or fear ward on the MT it will be an easy fight.

After the General dies the center of the instance will burn and Halion will appear.(45mil 25m) Halion has 3 phases the first is when everyone is attacking her during this phase there are 3 mechanics happening one is her flame breath (frontal cone). Second is she will launch a fire ball which will spawn a marking on the ground and will spread fire in different directions each time. The 3rd mechanic is she will but a debuff on a person which that player will have to run out of the raid asap and have a healer dispel fast and will drop a spot that will knock players back or damage then if they stand on it the longer it takes to dispel the bigger the area will be. Then when she hit 75% she will vanish and everyone will head in to the void zone but a tank and a healer. Once inside this starts phase2 make sure there are md's to the tank in the void; while in the void there are 2 new mechanics which replace her fire ball the first one is an conisant aoe damage to the raid and 2 orbs will spawn directly across from each other and start to spin and create a beam to halion. The off tank will have to rotate her parrallel with the beam as the raid rotates to avoid the beams. While in the void she will still do the debuff which will have to be ran out of the raid and dispelled fast. When she hits 50% the raid will split up the ranged and 2 healers will take the portal back to the outside and start to dps her while the melee and the other healers stay inside untill she is dead. During this phase it will be the same as pase 1 and 2 ranged will have the outside with phase 1 mechanics and the melee will be inside the void dealing with phase 2 mechanics. The strat that we used was the same from the film posted on MMO-Champion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_S277XtDvY&feature=player_embedded

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Raid Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: