View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

re: Magmaw

Well I'm sure we all had fun wiping on magmaw last night. In fairness it was off the cuff and it did provide experience of what to expect.

IT does seem that our tactics were a little wayward though, this specifically says we need 2 tanks, even if one of them is just kiting adds to keep them occupied while dps burns them in the first phase.
The 2nd tank has to be able to swap over after the MT has been swallowed and the sweltering armour debuff is on them.

It also looks like that 2 melee should really be jumping on the boss, 2 dps certainly. Loads of tactics and vids here.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Magmaw
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

Looks like many ways to kill this cat, tankspot reckons its a single tank encounter on 25 MAN particularly if you have boomkin who can use typhoon to knock the adds away. Although there rogue does break melee to come help kill the adds.

Very much a control adds, forget about the boss for ranged dps until the 2nd phase when the boss is spiked.

He certainly looks more do-able than the crazyness which seems to be the omnotron defense bosses.

Im looking forward to get back into this big tool and smoke his ass.
Diapsalma
GM
Captain

Yep was great fun:) And yes there are plenty of different tacs for him.

kemule
Recruit
Second Lieutenant

i hope you have fun Happy
dut i am realy sorry thas i had to leave!!
Diapsalma
GM
Captain

Omnitron defence system looks really complicated when looking at the videos but I suppose its easier when actually doing it. Trial n error as usual:)

SJP1872
Raider
Captain

Looks like you really need very well geared healers for omnotron..... Tbh it looks like we need well geared everything although this is the entry raid for cataclysm.
Diapsalma
GM
Captain

Think Throne of the Four Winds are supposed to be the first raid in Cata. But first boss there recuires hours of trial n error to get the timing right. And as we start our raids so terribly late its just out of the question:(

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum