Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

re: Rift

Bought this today, I'll stick my character on later in case I'm in the same realm as you guys
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

I'm on ice watch shard, defiant Mage called kaylab. In guild with an old wow pal of mine. Guild called plan 9.

The soul system seems quite cool although you can see wow developers worked on the game the interface is very similar.
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

The game shares alot of similarites with WoW and its very apparent that many wow devs work on the project.

In terms of what the game offers. There are raids, 5 man instances, pvp and the much vaunted Rifts.

The Rifts are great, one minute your grinding your mobs for a quest next minute the sky opens up and mobs start spawning and you get an invite to a public group where you all join to fight off the rift invasion. Really fun and a nice twist to keep you on your toes.

As with any mmo where your levelling there is a large portion of go kill 10 of these or collect 5 of those. Lets face it if you cannot get on board with that then your playing the wrong type of game.

The graphics are not as cartoony as wow and not as bright but they are more realistic. Although im only level 10 and the battle scene your dropped in (defiant side) is good to watch and you feel your part of something bigger, which is what makes wow so enjoyable.

I havent been to a major city yet so I cant make a call on major city frame rates or lagg, although I havent had any issues at all so far which has been a pleasant surprise given the 4k latency Ive had in WoW recently for no apparent reason.

Is it a WoW killer? thats hard to say WoW is a monster and one that was founded on the previous Warcraft strategy games and a hell of alot of Lore. There is enough from what I have seen so far to make it a force for Blizzard to be concerned of however it wil depend on the uptake of players. If BLizzard start making the Teir gear more accessable and PUG raids have a chance of clearing things then maybe they will retain their clients as yet its too hard to get valour gear and even harder to get groups to down even the lowest raid boss.
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

Wee bit more info on the game so far. Hit level 18 today and I'll be doing my first instance tonight called iron tombs. I've been meaning to come on wow for days but im hooked on rift.

Hit my first major city, it's pretty damn massive and serves as the main point of the defiant race. This week sees the proposed launch of there patch1.1 with a week of massive rift invasions centring around the bad guy regulos trying to take over sections of Telera the culmination of this week of large scale invasions will be the launch of the 20 man raid river of souls.

While obviously only lvl50's will be able to raid in there the event itself will have rifts for all levels with mount and gear drops.

If anyone played baldurs gate I'd say this is more like an mmo version of that.
Nogimics
Honoured
Chat Newbie

Wondered where you were

I aint gonna get this and waste my life on it more than I do wow envy glad your alive though
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

Dinged 20 this morning before work.

My first instance was iron tombs, very enjoyable although it was my pal boosting me through. Graphically very haunting and lots of undead to kill. Got my first blues from quests and a nice off hand drop.

Need to change my levelling spec so I will buy a new role. You can have 8 of these and they are interchangeable. So basically as a Mage i can have a healer, cc'er and dps. My current levelling spec is warlock/necromancer/dominator. Warlock for dots and mana return, necrosis for my undead minion and dominator for the squirrel poly for cc.

I'll make an instance role next with pyromancer(fire Mage) warlock and stormcaller ( kinda like an ele shaman with shed loads of aoe).

Strangely though despite doing twenty levels I'm still in the starting area of freemarch, mostly because I have som am y quests there and it's close to the major city of meridan. I imagine I'll get sent across the map soon although I do still have 4of the epic quest chains in the are to finish.
Seeder
Assistant GM
Lieutenant

Hey Malf,

Thought i'd chime in as well...
Rift is a mature version of WoW in many ways, even though it's stills being developed. Must say, the graphic style of WoW seems a bit silly now, even if the quality is quite good. Rift has definitely spoiled me Happy

If you're on Rift and want to role Guardian gimme a shout of Refuge shard (realm)... of course my main is Seeder, but also run a Bard called Katana...

Nogi - if ur wasting ur life on WoW wots the difference :P (j/k!!)

S.

re: .

stormwind looks realy emty lately, mine friend list is almost always emty, is this act of RIFt or spring
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

Might be to do with Rift momo, but I honestly think blizz have pissed a lot of players off with this expansion. Hard to raid without a raid guild and way to long a grind for valour gear.

The shear number of hot fixes blizz are applying to me suggest they know they rushed this out too fast and are having to Nerf bosses and talents to let non hardcore players get back into the game.

I don't think this will see a dramatic downturn in wow but 4.1 is going to have to be a hell of a patch to get some players back.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: