Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Raid Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fozzles
Assistant GM
Lieutenant Colonel

re: ICC

first boss tactics : http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/59646-icecrown-lord-marrowgar.html

looks like a fairly easy run, we could prolly farm it for frost emblems

needs 3 healers, 2 tanks, 5 dps

please note this is a run for the better geared

Would love to try and get in there one night, even if we dont down the boss on the first night. It would be great to experience it.

We have the tanks/healers/dps for it if we can get everyone online at the same time. Happy

I vote for a run on Saturday 10th Jan to see how it goes.
BigDougieM

first boss is easy if peeps are paying attention, we should have no probs, plus ofc can farm the lead up before him for rep then allow reset to go again :p
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

Seedy and I pugged this last night (14/03/10) and the group was doing well (Malf 2nd in dps with 6200 wink flex) one shot all the bosses up to Saurfang.

The group composition really screwed us. We were melee heavy and Seedy was the only caster dps, although one of the heals changed to Boomkin to help. However there was no-where near enough crowd control and the blood beasts killed us.

Something we will need to bear in mind when running this instance, which imo at least 3/4 shouldnt be difficult, we will need adequate CC or the raid is doomed. A hunter in particular seems a must to me.
Divinia
Serie
Officer
Lieutenant

Yeah two casters is what ive seen they kite the flesh beasts around the back until dead and get back for the next .. one on either side.
Azeliah
Raider
Lieutenant

Apparently this fight is best with 3 ranged on 10 man - hunter and frost mage with high pref. I tried it on 25 man the other night and we had saurfang down to 8% and just nuked the blood beasts using whatever slows available (frost trap, blizzard, roots, w/e).

I cleared this on my first ever attempt and seem to have problems ever since. Dealing with the bloodbeasts seems to be the biggest problem from what i can see.

I thought blizz were getting rid of fights that cannot be cleared without specific classes whereas this fight is the polar opposite, and seems to be nigh impossible without a hunter.
BigDougieM

it s all about the spacing with ur ranged, trust me on this, all ranged must not be in 12 yards of anyone else, alsosingle target damage as the beasts are immune to aoe

all ranged on beasts, no exceptions, zero dps from melee and tanks, pro healing and he should never gain health as target with mark of champion will never die.

a basic icc group should be 2 tanks 3 heals with one being dps on most fights 1/2 melee and 3/4 ranged.

the dual spec healer as a Shadow/holy priest works best

ps. hunter is not a pre-requisite in the group

hope this info helps
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

so fast forward a few weeks and the first section is cleared. With any luck this is something we can put on farm now.

Now we cleared the valkryie mini boss, picked up a shed load of rep and found our ways to rotface and festergut.

We never attempted Festergut as a dps dced and couldnt get back on so we went for Rotface. Got him to 600k hp but failed on another 2 attempts to get him past 30%.

From what i can see we had a few people die quickly through the ooze spray and then we didnt get our ooze merging correct which led to a couple of large oozes wandering about dishing out nasty damage to the OT and providing him with a pain in the ass trying to pick them all up.

I reckon a way to deal with the OT issue is either mark the large ooze and run to him when u have the debuff or mark the OT, at least if u mark the OT u only have to do it once and saves anyone forgetting to continue marking.

With regard to the Spray it really does come down to watching ur emotes or watching the boss, theres a short cast time but he turns away from the tank in the direction he will spray.

With some tweaks he'll go down, sadly it will probs a Saturday and ill not be there but hey ho.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Raid Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: