Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Raid Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[Ace]
Officer
Captain

re: Freya

Good job setting the raider template Fozz

I watched the tankspot video for Freya last night, to say I was overwhelmed is truly an understatement... 3 sets of adds all spawn twice, 1 set is agro switching, 1 silences us, 1 has 3 that need to die at the same time or they simply respawn, no wonder my screen was full. These adds spawn every min until 6 have spawned.. dps need to be split on the ones that need to die at same time, calling for stops when needed. Ranged on the ele to get max dps with his knockback.. all this going on while freya is being tanked also, crazy! I guess everyone elso ignores freya totally until these 6 spawns have occured. I don't she can be downed unless everyone knows exactly what their doing with tactics.

Captain

re: Freya

Freya sounds more daunting than she actually is imo. You are right one tnak needs to take freya off to the edge of the water and just hold here there. She cant really be damaged as she has a stacking health buff which diminshes as here mobs are killed.

It really is essential that one ranged (we used a hunter before) watches for life trees growing as they heal her for a scary amount. They need to be killed asap. 1 dps can manage that.

Spawning mobs. Vent or Team Speak is very important here, even if its just a raid leader barking orders and the others listening on head phones.
Plants :- While annoying and explosive when they die, they are not to difficult. The OT spams consecration to grab mobs (they spawn in a circle) its easier to get all the dps grouped on OT until aggro is held. Once OT has aggro ranged need to move away from dieing flowers as they explode, melee are best just to run in and out so there not getting hit by all the explosions and giving the healers a hard time.

Big Tree dude :- easiest of the spawning mobs, 1 big tree who hits fairly hard on plate, OT takes him then dps join in. YOU MUST BE UNDER A MUSHROOM TO DAMAGE HIM, mushrooms will spawn round him stand under them, OT included or ull loose aggro.

Elementals :- Im a little foggy on these guys. I know ive always went on either water elemental or the storm lasher. The snap lasher needs to be damaged by ranged as it hits harder and harder the more damage it recieves. Once its about 50% hp Off tank can pretty much move away from it as it gets stuck and its hitting hardest about now. Water elemental needs to be facing away from raid and stormlasher is made easier if the raid is spread out although its not easy if the grp is very melee oriented. Above all else ALL MUST DIE WITHIN 12 SECS OF THE FIRST ONE DIEING. this is where TS or vent is important, DBM shows all the HP bars of them but invariably one mob will get mown down quicker. RL has to tell which mob to stop DPSing.

It reads alot harder than it is, after the mobs are done Freya is a cake walk, she throws exploding seeds so MT just kites here around while OT and DPS kick the hell out of her. It becomes a DPS race at this point as ur time maybe very low. First time i killed her she got 1 sec into her enrage.

And Breathe............
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Raid Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: