Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

re: General Raiding Discussion (please contribute^^)

Hi folks,

(PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS DISCUSSION IF YOU HAVE ANY SLIGHT OPINION ON THIS AT ALL, I DONT WANT PEOPLE FEELING MARGINALISED)

Last night has obviously brought a few changes into the guild AND very much highlighted some vast differences of opinions regarding raid progression and guild status. WE ARE A SOCIAL GUILD!, however as expected there are many of us end game geared and happy to run ICC. I have no qualms about running pugs, however Im very aware that as dps im not likely to run into too many people who bitch or moan at me. Tanks and Healers will have a different experience anytime a wipe occurs.
These roles, in particular, generally feel reassured and more confident in a guild run environment with friends and people they know. With this in mind I intend to put a Sunday Night ICC run in place, not running alongside the guild runs, which is why ive said Sunday. I will cancel this night if the guild runs need to move to Sundays. The idea will be that on Sunday nights where there is not a guild raid in place, an ICC run will be created and ANY place not taken will be pugged.
I dont care about having the achievement or not, HOWEVER 2700 will be the minimum gear rating per wow heroes and we will look to take the required amount of casters and melee. It will be first come first served for main specs, although an off spec will be considered before we pug that place. I would also ask that we invite friends prior to going pug.

I hope im not stepping on peoples toes, however I intend this to be as largely a guild run as possible, and will hopefully quel the concerns of those who feel were not moving forward enough and stop us losing good people.

Thoughts please!
Diapsalma
GM
Captain

That was exactly my idea as well Malf:) If u had not stepped forward
and done this I would have. So I´ll gladly help u organizing it mate. Hopefully we will be more and more guildies in the group.
If possible it would be nice to invite the same "pugs" every week to further add to a guildrun feeling. Who knows we can maybe recruit them if they find us a nice guild:)
If it works out well and we fill up with guildies that are geared maybe the system in the future can be applied to 25-man as well but lets take one step at a time.
Important! This is not a guildrun. The 2700-2800gs limit must be applied as well as demands on reading up tacs and so on.

If it works out we will be able to add more and more guildies at a pace that benefits both the "new" raider and the guild. And finally it hopefully will be a finished raidteam

Yes, Im also aware of that this can step on someones toes. But if u dont like it, dont ask for an invite, easy as that really twisted

Seeder
Assistant GM
Lieutenant

That sounds like an excellent plan.
The only thing i would say is that it would be nice if the pugged runs could be 25-man - that way we can get better gear for participants while leaving ICC as an option for guild runs.
It would also be nice to tighten up on missing raids with forthcoming Cataclysm and associated guild buffs.
What does every one else think?

I know what u mean seedy, thats why i picked a sunday, leaving the 2 other days for the weekly and voa, plus another raid of choice on another night.
Id like to see the guild to sarth plus 1 2 or 3 as well.

I can see doing 25's in the future but id like to start as 10's for the first fews weeks, as it looks like ill have to (plus one other) administer this and my times pretty tight just now. Diap is keen to help so he may be on the lead role till i get on top of work and life with a kid.

I dont want to hold back on this though so i aim to put the first run in the diary for this coming sunday the 9th
Divinia
Serie
Officer
Lieutenant

Sounds good Happy
cable269
Raider
Second Lieutenant

re: last word

quote >>.http://the-royal-guards.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4377636&gid=58596

Captain

Hi TK,

Im not sure what your link pertains to, is it all lvl 80's can apply?

If so im not stopping people applying, what i am saying is that unless they hit the criteria of 2700 then ill have to deny them entry. We cant have the ongoing wipefest due to people not gearing, enchanting, flasking and knowing tactics, its not fair on those who who have tried. Lets face it u get 2700gs by rolling out of bed nowadays, even regular runs of non hc, icc instances will pretty much get you there and doing some dailies will get some frost gear in no time.

As an example, Jadani has come back to the game after a break and he's 2765 i think now. WITHOUT running more than 1 boss in icc and without much more than daily grinding when he is available.
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

Hmm, its an unfortunate turn of events however i find myself completely bogged down in work now and working 7 days a week, for the first time in months i wasnton at all last night, and tonight is likely to be the same.
I am happy to be raid leader if no-one else is looking for the role, however i think one of the officers will have to set up the groups if were are looking at a 2200 server time start in future as im not likely to be on any time before then, unless were happy to try to find members when i get on...... and ive been booked up for 8 days in Spain from the 16th of May.
Diapsalma
GM
Captain

Can do that np. Need to get it started asp when u get on Malf cause 22 servertime is a bit late for us not in GB.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: