Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fozzles
Assistant GM
Lieutenant Colonel

re: For the attention of Seeder......

;)
something i found in my current course that may be of interest to you seedy, it harks back to a conversation we had many moons ago, but im actually taking a course on network intrusion atm, and thought u might be interested in this particularly well highlighted bit:

MACs and Viruses
Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because you have a Mac, you don't need to worry about viruses. It's a common misconception that Mac operating systems are immune to viruses, but they're not. Today's Macs are really BSD Unix machines with a couple of proprietary programs running on top that provide users with a slick interface. And although it's true that more sophisticated programming skills are required to write viruses for Mac, BSD Unix, and Linux operating systems than for DOS-based operating systems like Windows, all operating systems are vulnerable to attacks. True, it's a lot easier for a bad guy to write malicious code for Windows machines; but the real reason few programmers spend their time creating viruses for Sun workstations and Macs is that there aren't nearly as many people using them. On the other hand, Windows machines are everywhere, so viruses written for them will clearly infect multitudes

ill see u on that pc soon :P

re: For the attention of Seeder......

So...

While your quoted article states that it's much more difficult for viruses to attack the Mac (no one really thinks there is such a thing as an invulnerable system do they?), you think I'll switch to windblows?

Hmmm, fail to see the logic in that one m8, soz :D

Jump to: