Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJP1872
Raider
Captain

re: Blackwing Descent 16/03/11

Last night was a bit of an eye opener.

I have no problems at all wiping over and over. Thats progression raiding in a nutshell, with the odd success and slowly getting a boss on farm. Hell even the odd wipe on trash isnt a worry as each member learns the mechanic of the fight. Freya in particular took me weeks to down in Uldaur.

However.......... 2 attempts on a boss in 2 hours is "having a laugh" Seeder must have spent a fortune on mats for his cauldrons, we had free flasks for a few members and I used 2 of my own so I was only a 400g down for those and a few pieces of my own caster food. Its not real cash so its not really a worry other than the time to grind gold or mats for the buff.

What was well out of order was that we had Lord knows how many delays for one reason or another, on one occasion we had someone disappear for 15 mins and then just as they arrived someone else left for a quick bio. Merlo had an issue with a GM, not really much can be done about that in fairness although I would think that would be a good time for a bio break TBH. Just prior to us starting our last ( 3rd ) attempt that never happened we changed the group composition to try and help only for 2 people to leave. One of which never even said a single thing before going!!

We all have things going on, hell if my wee girl had needed me I would have left you at 9% boss health with only me being the last standing DPS, RL comes first but surley there is some etiquet(sp)? surely theres some consideration for the other 9 people in your group to at least tell them your leaving?

Im not going to moan here about people not reading boss tactics, I expect that we will need to run through a few things, some of us have a wee bit more time on our hands to read up and watch vids. We can all learn best by doing and wiping anyways.

But not having the slightest concern for those around you is just beyond the pale imo, maybe it was all a misunderstanding or an unpredictable course of events that combined to waste 2 hours. I hope thats the case, otherwise various people just dont give a toss about other players.

I didnt mean this rant to go as far as this but I have had to fight for my time to play WOW recently, something I know Bigwoody and others will understand. I like The Royal Guards and im going to be here unless /gkicked for a good while, but I'm guessing that pug raids will be the way to go until we have some plan or method to populate our raids.

Cheers Folks.
Fozzles
Assistant GM
Lieutenant Colonel

if anyone wanted the "Raider" rank ressurrected i could put some effort into the website for you, let me know. raider rank was invented purely to deal with those sorts of issues, although it would require someone to run it properly once up and running again

Lieutenant

Sorry for not being able to come on for that raid (don't even think I singed up for it), But here's my thoughts

Raider rank could work as one part of the solution.
The other thing could be that we don't even try to start a raid if there isn't 13-14 signed up for the raid, just to compensate that some might not show up and that there should be some people that can replace someone who has to leave the raid for RL-things.

One other thing to consider is to have some sort of raid stop time, just to get rid of the delays. Make the raids shorter:
1. Raid assembly starts 30min before the raid starts.
2. If raid group isn't full within 30min, raid is off.
3. Raid goes on for 1 hour then raiding stops for that day.
(4. If raid goes really well and no one are planning to leave, continue for 30min)

Better to raid and die for 1 hour than die and wait for 2 hours....
Eventually we'll Raid and down a boss in one hour Happy

SJP1872
Raider
Captain

I'm glad a few people have commented I was beginning to wonder if it was just me that was a moaning bugger and everyone else thought wedesdays debacle was fine.

I really would like to help organize runs and help out more, but with my daughter and what is rapidly becoming a busy and erratic time of the year for my business I just cannot put the time in to do it right. I will have to pass on that responsibility sadly.

I like the logic in your suggestions Ben, although I think we would be better pugging a last space or two if others are ready to go.
Bengra
Ben*
Raider
Lieutenant

re: PUG

Well I'm not against picking up non-guilders for the last spots.
But if we don't even try to assembly a group if less then 13-14 people signed up for it, there shouldn't be a need for it.

Seeder
Assistant GM
Lieutenant

Interesting discussion with lots of good points.
For me the best part was when some one buggered off to the curry house mid-raid.

As stated above, it's not the knowledge and not so much the skill (although both are of course really important). Raiding does require a commitment though, and perhaps raider rank is one way to do this. There are other ways, but there's been limited enthusiasm to consider these, so i'd go with raider rank for now.

name for me the person that will keep raider rank up and running, and i will clean out all the old stuff for you, and adjust webby priveledges so you can run it

To be honest I feel like a bit of a whinge ass about raiding with TRG as I think many have had to hear me moan about it (sorry) but rightly so with our BWD attempt as it was a shambles and we stood around whilst others just took their time doing other stuff.

I have come to realise this guild isn't a raiding guild even in part so will just try pug other runs with guilds who have dedicated players.

I'm not bothered that TRG doesn't have the players to raid and I like the people in TRG so wont be leaving but also don't see the point in trying to make raid groups unless the people who sign up to them pay attention and don't stray off AFK or leave early.

If we cant make the numbers so be it but please don't let people join a raid and then leave us high and dry.

If we are going to really try then I think we should be prepared to spam trade for experienced pugs or even better recruit the Classes/Players we know we are going to need.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Royal Guards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: